Spurs won’t see Bale until after October internationals due to knee injury
Tottenham will not see Gareth Bale open his second spell with the club until after the October international break, the club have revealed.
A homecoming that had been in the pipeline for some time has been completed, with Bale delighted to be back in familiar surroundings.
Having endured a tough time in Spain over recent years, the 31-year-old is hoping to rediscover his spark back in north London.
He will, however, have to be patient in pursuit of a second debut for Spurs.
That is because he is nursing a knee complaint that will prevent him from making an immediate impression under Jose Mourinho.
Tottenham said in a statement on their official website which accompanied the announcement of Bale’s arrival: “Gareth sustained a knee injury whilst playing for Wales on international duty earlier this month and this together with La Liga’s later start compared to the Premier League means he has had a limited pre-season.
“We currently anticipate that he will be match fit after October’s international break.”
Tottenham have five games to take in before the next break in domestic duties.
Those outings will be spread across three competitions, with Mourinho’s side hoping to remain in contention for honours on multiple fronts.
They will be back in Premier League action when taking in a trip to Southampton on Sunday.
Bale could have then figured in a meeting with Manchester United at Old Trafford on October 3, with the Red Devils said to have been keen on securing his signature, but that fixture will also come too soon.
Mourinho’s men shut down for two weeks, when a returning hero may head away with Wales if deemed fit enough, before taking in a derby date with West Ham.
Source : goal.com
Recommended News :
goal.com | 2020-10-21 20:21:14
goal.com | 2020-10-21 17:10:55
goal.com | 2020-10-21 16:33:10
goal.com | 2020-10-21 04:55:57
goal.com | 2020-10-19 21:09:15