Please Wait . . .

Napoli president De Laurentiis opens door to Koulibaly sale amid-Man City links
Dark Mode
Top Leagues
01-Aug-2020, 03:11 am

Napoli president De Laurentiis opens door to Koulibaly sale amid-Man City links


Kalidou Koulibaly Napoli 2019-20

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has opened the door to selling Kalidou Koulibaly amid rumours of interest from Manchester City.

The Blues are already closing on the £40 million ($52m) signing of Nathan Ake from Bournemouth, who will provide much-needed cover at the back,but the club are still on the lookout for a more experienced performer to slot straight into the team at centre-half.

Koulibaly certainly fits the bill after another stellar campaign at Napoli, during which he has already racked up 32 appearances in all competitions.

The 29-year-old has established himself as one of the top defenders in European football since moving to Stadio san Paolo from Genk in 2014, and he helped the club clinch the Coppa Italia with a final victory over Juventus last month.

The Senegal international still has three years left to run on his current contract, but he refused to move out a summer transfer when quizzed on his future last week.

“I would love to stay at Napoli for life, but I can’t make promises," Koulibaly told Radio Kiss Kiss .

Although De Laurentiis would be reluctant to sanction a prized asset's departure, he concedes that a deal could be arranged if an appropriate offer is forthcoming later this summer.

The Napoli chief told Sky Italia : "Kalidou is a great person, I would be terribly sad to lose him.But there is a time for everything, even to move apart.

"But the €90m is not on the table and so it takes two to make a deal."

One man who looks certain to leave Stadio San Paolo before the start of next season isArkadiusz Milik, who has turned down the chance to extend his stay at the club beyond 2021.

However, De Laurentiis has warned the Polish striker thathe could end up spending a year on the bench if Napoli's valuation is not met by any potential suitors.

"He is on the market as always. He has not responded for as long as we've offered a contract extension. So this action will lead to his departure," the 71-year-old said of Milik's current situation.


Source : goal.com

Recommended News :

Betting

Diogo Jota Liverpool

Liverpool vs Atalanta Betting Tips: L...

Liverpool can confirm their place in the last 16 of the Champions League when...
Ferran Torres Manchester City 2020

Olympiakos vs Manchester City Betting...

Manchester City will be keen to clinch their place in the Champions League kn...
Raphael Varane Real Madrid 2020-21

Inter vs Real Madrid Betting Tips: La...

Inter face Real Madrid on Wednesday evening on matchday four of the Champions...
Paul Pogba Manchester United 2020-21

Manchester United vs Istanbul Basakse...

Manchester United will have revenge on their mind when they host Super Lig ch...
Edouard Mendy Chelsea 2020-21

Rennes vs Chelsea Betting Tips: Lates...

Chelsea will be aiming to clinch their place in the Champions League knockout...

Transfer

Berge Eriksen Wilshere

Arsenal boss Arteta responds to Eriks...

Mikel Arteta has brushed off reports linking Arsenal with a move for Sheffiel...
Jack Wilshere Arsenal

'I'm an Arsenal man!' - Wilshere admi...

Jack Wilshere has admitted he is still an "Arsenal man" and that returning to...
Carles Alena Barcelona 2020-21

'I'd stay at Barcelona for life if it...

Carles Alena has expressed his desire to remain at Camp Nou amid links with R...
Antonio Conte Arturo Vidal Kolarov Inter GFX

Stop complaining, Conte: Inter coach ...

Antonio Conte was at it again last week.“I think maybe we lost momentum to br...
Luka Modric Real Madrid 2020

Modric eager to finish career at Real...

Luka Modric is eager to stay at Real Madrid beyond the expiry of his current ...
image-top-scroll
`