'It has not crossed my mind' - Setien not thinking Barcelona's Champions League showdown with Napoli will be his last game
The 61-year-old, who signed a two-and-a-half-year deal, insisted before Real Madrid were crowned LaLiga champions last month he"does not spend a minute" thinking about whether he could lose his job.
Barca and Napoli will do battle fora place in the quarter-finals of the Champions League at Camp Nou in a tie locked at 1-1 after the first leg in February.
Setien says he has not even pondered whether he could be sacked if the Catalan giants crash out.
"It has not crossed my mind at any time that tomorrow is my last game. We have prepared for the game thinking that we are going to continue,"he told the media on Friday.
Ousmane Dembele (hamstring) is not ready to return to face the Serie A side, butAntoine Griezmann (thigh) was named in the squad.
Setien feelsBarca have benefited from a break following the conclusion of the domestic season.
He added: "When we finished the league, it was with a positive mindset. Both the players and myself needed a break because after so many consecutive matches it really took its toll on us.
"But I think now we have had sufficient time to prepare for this match; to recuperate physically, take a few days off and come back with a renewed energy that has allowed us to have some very good training sessions and prepare in the best way possible."
Setien says the Blaugranaare prepared to adapt if their game plan is not working in the decisive encounter.
He said: "We have thought about everything and assessed for a long time which was the best option to play this game. We have taken a variant that does not mean that we cannot change it at some point in the game.
Source : goal.com
Recommended News :
goal.com | 2020-09-22 12:09:55
zqscore.com | 2020-09-22 10:00:57
goal.com | 2020-09-22 06:40:48
goal.com | 2020-09-22 06:33:21
goal.com | 2020-09-22 06:26:08