Fantasy football: FPL Gameweek 33+ transfer advice, captain picks & more
Liverpool may well be Premier League championsbut Manchester City gave them a brutal reminder of just how much of a threat they will be next season with Thursday's crushing 4-0 win at the Etihad Stadium.
The top two spots in England's top flight are already decided but the battle to finish in the Champions League places is hotting up, while at least six sides are in the relegation dogfight at the bottom.
Just sixgames remain now as Fantasy Premier League managers look to finish the season with a flurry, withevery transfer and starting XI choicepotentially being crucial as we head into the final weeks of the season.
From team selection adviceto possible captain picks and the latest FPL stats - Goal gives you all the tools you need to turn those arrows green and climb your league tables.
6 + 14 + 10 + 6 + 9 + 3 + 15 = 63
The numbers don't lie. Since Gameweek 26, Bruno Fernandes (£8.8m) has accumulated an incredible points tally and been the catalyst for Manchester United's drive towards the Champions League places.
Do whatever it takes to get the Portuguesein your FPL starting XI, if you don't already own him, with the Red Devils facing Bournemouth (H), Aston Villa (A), Southampton (H), Crystal Palace (A), West Ham (H) and Leicester City (A) in their remaining league matches.
Mason Greenwood (£4.4m) and Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£5.5m) are also proving to be valuable FPL assets following the restart - the latterhaving claimed 11 and 10 points in his last two matches, with United'sfavourable run-in presentingplenty of opportunities for more clean sheets.
Despite being torn apart by Manchester City last time out, don't be in a rush to offload all your Liverpool players as Jurgen Klopp's side will undoubtedly be out to right the wrongs of the last performance.
The champions host relegation-threatened Aston Villa and while there will likely be a few changes, their three top-scoring FPL playersMohamed Salah (£12.6m), Sadio Mane (£12.5m) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (£7.8m) should all start.
Over half (51.4% to be exact) of the FPL community own Kevin De Bruyne (£10.7m) which begs the question - what are the other 48.6% playing at?!
The City midfielder has accumulated 36 points from his last three Premier League starts and is the highest-scoring player of 2019-20with a massive 215 points - the most he's recorded in the sixseasons that he's played in England's top flight.
In stark contrast to the form being shown by the Belgium international, it's not been a good Premier League restart thus far for Jamie Vardy (£9.7m).
The Leicester City striker's struggles in front of goal have seen him fail to score in any of his last four matches in all competitions, with two strikes having been recorded since December 26.
Despite such poor numbers he remainsthe Premier League's top scorer and those FPL bosses that continue to keep the faith may well be rewarded, at long last, on Saturday as the Foxes face Crystal Palace at home.
Another nameworthy of mention heading into Gameweek 33+ is in-form Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin (£5.5m).
Steve Bruce's side host West Ham on Sunday looking to continue their excellent run of league form that's seen them undefeated in their last five, with Saint-Maximin having been central to their improvement, claiming 15 points from his last outing.
We'd be doing you a disservice by recommendinganyone other than Manchester United's main man Fernandes (£8.8m) as a first suggested pick.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have looked a different animal since the Portuguese was signed and he appears to have struck up a decent understanding with Paul Pogba (£8.3m) in the centre of the pitch.
If you'd rather gamble and think that the former Sporting CPstar surely can't maintain this rate of point-scoring, De Bruyne (£10.7m) is your best option - City face Southampton away and the Belgian is in the form of his life at the moment.
Salah (£12.6m) - whose Liverpool side comeup against strugglingAston Villanext - is another who represents a decent alternative as he continues his chase to claim the Golden Boot.
As does Christian Pulisic (£7.1m).
The American has been Chelsea's best player in recent weeks and is likely to keep his place in the starting XI as the Blues take on Watford at Stamford Bridge looking to get back on track after the defeat to West Ham last time out.
Total points scored: 149
Line-up: Pope (9); Wan-Bissaka (10), Mee (15), Jonny (12); Saint-Maximin (15), Fernandes (15), De Bruyne (14), Willian (14), Sterling (16); Aubameyang (16), Ings (13).
Goal Fantasy Football podcast hosts Sam Brown, Miles Chambers and David Milner discuss your options going into the final weeks of the Premier League season. Listen below and be sure to subscribe!
Source : goal.com
Recommended News :
goal.com | 2020-07-29 04:33:13
goal.com | 2020-07-26 01:38:08
goal.com | 2020-07-24 16:26:14
goal.com | 2020-07-17 15:56:32
goal.com | 2020-07-14 16:10:04